For those with weight loss goals, compounded weight-loss medications may be the solution. Your pharmacist can compound a variety of preparations to help you achieve and maintain your ideal body weight goals. Being overweight or obese increases one’s risk for many health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. Losing weight can significantly improve these health conditions and in turn improve overall quality of life. Your pharmacist will work closely with your doctor to determine the best treatment options for you and weight loss goals. With a prescription from your doctor, your compounding pharmacist can prepare customized medications to help you lose weight. These medications should be taken in conjunction with a diet and exercise plan.
How can compounds help?
Your compounding pharmacist can prepare a variety of medications that can help you lose weight. Your pharmacist will work closely with your doctor to determine the best option for you. Common weight loss treatments include:
- Oral appetite suppressants, which can be prepared in a variety of combinations.
- Customized phentermine capsules and lollipops are commonly prescribed alone or in combination for appetite suppression.
- Specific vitamin injections that help regulate appetite while assisting with the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates into energy.
- Injections that help release fat deposits in the body.
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) preparations More recently Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) has gained popularity. Initially approved by the FDA for the treatment of female infertility and hormone treatment in men, many physicians believe it can be used for weight loss. HCG should be used in conjunction with a diet and exercise plan and should only be taken under the direction of a physician. You can only get HCG with a prescription from a physician. Don’t be fooled by fake HCG supplements sold online. Many websites state they sell HCG, doing so without a prescription is illegal.